8. Tuesday April 30: Cancelled NYC vacation; Cancelled Atlantic City vacation; Booked a place on Star Island for 2 weeks using hotel points previously earned; Reserved the elevator for May 24. [Was going to do more but spent 5 hours in the dental chair so I gave myself a pass.]
9. Wednesday, May 1: Boxed up law books, notebooks, and files at the office. Took some poster to the recycle center for another to enjoy. Worked until 9pm so little by little gets it done [I hope].
10. Thursday, May 2: Picked and scheduled a mover and a charity for the other items (easier said than done in this area); prepared an inventory of big pieces for the movers; boxed up awards and breakables from the office and shipped them off to the new office.
11. Friday, May 3 (Kentucky Oak’s Day): Since I will be moving from the subways up to the sunlight and driver glare, I stopped by the Optometrist for annual eye exam to order a pair of sunglasses. The ones I had were from my California days (7 years old if you are counting). While the old prescription was fine for playing in the water or lounging on the beach, they would not be good for driving in bright sunlight with bumper glare. In another area, I packed all the art pieces.
12. Saturday May 4 (Kentucky Derby Day): Booked airfare; Packed 20 boxes and 10 space bags as well as a couple of boxes for family members, and watched Orb win the Kentucky Derby (Congrats Sug, finally a Derby win for you!)
13. Sunday May 5 (Cinco de Mayo): Packed final box of books and wrenched my back lifting it onto the other boxes (grrrrr); So I sat down to research cars. I like the Mustang (of course), the 70’s edition VW Beetle, the Smart Car, the Miata, and the FIAT 500. Looking for best mph with a little style. Any suggestions? Later, I moving much more gingerly, I managed to get another 10 boxes packed Off to the masseuse tomorrow after work I think.
How was your week?