What do you say when someone says, “tell me about yourself?” Do you give them your credentials and job title or do you tell them your story? What is your story?
- What is your sense of personal calling?
- What are your deepest feelings about the reason you are alive?
- What makes you real and worth knowing?
- What capacities are you developing?
- What are you doing to invest in yourself?
Answers these questions and you’ll be able to effectively tell your story when asked “tell me about yourself.”
CITE: Cooper, R. (1997). Executive EQ: Emotional Intelligence in Leadership and Organizations. New York. Berkeley Publishing Company, Inc.