- Our hatred for our oppressor was so intense that. at first. we did not see the value of talking to them.
- You must fight the battle for dignity even as a prisoner.
- You have a limited time on earth; use it for good things, not bitterness, anger, and other negative feelings.
- To be a peacemaker you must first be honest with yourself; you can never have an impact on others without changing yourself.
- People everyone want peace;to achieve it, you must be humble enough to not be a threat to others.
- I’m an ordinary person who has had an extraordinary life that had very little to do with what I brought to it and more to do with what others brought to me.
- I was taught by my parents that I was someone; even without money and with limited schooling, I was taught I was still someone with basic human rights.
- I resented the restrictions that was put on me so much that I decided I would not be as good as those who placed the restrictions on me, but that I would be better than them and raise the bar above them,
- Because we have seen what we have seen, when we have a reason to rejoice with gratitude we do so with our whole heart (Thank you for the bread I eat, thank you for the education I received, thank you for the human being who remained human).
- To be free is important, but to help others be free is more important.
- When people die, they do not die alone; something in us dies with them; I cannot die for them, but I can ensure that they do not die alone.
- I must have faith in words, in language and in every human being to remain human despite everything.
- Life lessons are all about facing difficulties; instead of pushing them away, honor the difficulty for the lesson it holds.
- In struggle is where we live our fullest and deepest life; when life becomes too hard drop out for a little bit to rebalance and then return.
- When my daughter was in a comma for a year, her body changed, her mind was gone, but there was something there that was still my daughter; her spirit was still with us.
- When others are vilifying you, remember, you are not in that; that has nothing to do with you but with them.
- People will try to peck you to death like a duck, a little bit at a time because they do not have the courage to come at your fully.
- There is nothing greater or more eloquent than a heart-felt thank you.
- When a child walks into the room, they are looking to see if you face lights up when you see them
Neale Donald Walsh:
- Give that which you want to receive; find someone who has even less than you have and give away what you have to see what you really have; if you want more love, cause someone who has less love than you have to have more love; if you want more compassion, find someone who has less compassion thank you and be the source of compassion for them. Be the source of what you choose for yourself in the life of another, and you’ll experience that you’ve always had it.
- Heart song is your message, what you feel you need to do; everyone has it; it is their message of peace and love; people are fighting because their heart songs are different but heart songs don’t need to be the same, we are a mosaic of gifts, of heart songs.
- Making a difference in the world is through education; the first step to peace is through education because education brings understanding and understanding brings alternative solutions.
- Peace will start with the children; if the children will lose the hate, the world will stop hating and become a much better place.