A Super Soul Sunday Conversation with Dr. Maya Angelou.
1. Quoting James Baldwin:
- “Your crown has been bought and paid for
- All you have to do is put it on your head.”
2. Words are important. Words are things.
- They are what you take to God.
- Be careful what you say when talking with friends, when you are tired, when you are discouraged.
3. Moderation in all things, even moderation.
4. Say thank you in all things, even when things are going wrong. Say thank you for what went wrong because it means something better is coming.
5. I have a lot of clouds, but I’ve had a lot of rainbows in those clouds. Be a rainbow in someone else’s cloud.
6. We are carried by our ancestors and we owe a responsibility to them in how we live our lives.
- I come as one, but I stand as 10,000.
7. I know enough to try to live what I know…and that’s a lot.
8. Just forgive, don’t anoint it with anything else, just forgive.
9. God is All. Living is living in All. Death is going back to All.
10. Religion is a map that helps you to see how to get where you want to go. Spirituality is surrendering all to All.
11. What I know for sure is that love saves us all. Love can raise the dead and make a mountain move, this is what I know for sure.