As the year winds down think of these words from Tony Robbins to work toward 2014:
To change your life, you need 3 things – strategies, stories, states.
State of being
- All behavior is a result of the state we are in.
- Movement is the key to changing that state.
- Say yes and make victorious movements.
- State gives you certainty.
- See it as it is but not worse that it is.
- We are defined by the stories we tell ourselves,
- Is your story empowering you or causing you to fall short?
- Biography is not your destiny, your decisions are.
- Everything is based around your story,
- People are still living stories they told themselves 10 years ago,
- The story may be truth but it isn’t the reason you can’t have what you want to day.
What are you top two needs – your driving needs; your focus? Why do we do the things we do? What are they costing you? The six needs are:
- Uncertainty (adventure)
- Significance (special, unique)
- Create a strategy around the answers to the thoughts above.
- Create a strategy around how to achieve the goal.
- Example: If you say your needs are one thing (such as love) but you are concentrating on significance or contribution, be honest with yourself or change your focus.