At every meal, eat soluble fiber such as that found in lentils, beans, steel-cut oatmeal, barley and apples.
- Avoid late dinners – try not to eat for 12 hours – the 8 that you sleep plus 4 before bed to boost brain health.
- Mix your own salad dressings made from virgin olive oil, vinegar and herbs
- Drink smart – small amounts of caffeine (a la coffee) to focus the brain as well as green tea or hot cocoa
- Sprinkle seeds on cereal and salads – pumpkin, sesame, or flax
- Have eggs for breakfast or dinner
- Eat Mediterranean style – emphasis on fruits, vegetables, beans, legumes, whole grains, poultry, seafood, and olive oil
- Fix any vitamin B deficiencies
- Add cinnamon to your diet
- Snack on berries – strawberries, blue berries
Twice a week eat fish.
A new year, a new chance to improve choices for your body.
Love and light,
Cite: MORE (June 2013)