Spiritual growth, looking inward, is replacing the pursuit of external power, manipulative and controlling reaching outward, as the cure for the insecurity as the human experience. Before doing anything, always asks yourself, “What is my intention for doing this?”
Authentic power is the alignment of your personality with your soul. Your emotions are the force field of your soul. You cannot align your personality with your soul unless you are conscious of your emotions. Your emotions come from your energy centers therefore you can control them. When you feel your emotions rise, visualize a garden hose and control the emotional flow as you would the water from the garden hose. Looking inward instead of focusing outward is an important step when emotional. Energy that leaves in fear or doubt is painful. Energy that leaves in love and trust produces gratitude, joy and contentment.
- Anger is a result of fear. Love is fearless. As you continue to challenge anger with love, you will uncover anger, fear and finally the root cause of the emotion – usually feelings of low self-worth and powerlessness.
- Workaholism is a flight from any emotion by putting others in charge of your life while you focus on insignificant projects.
- Pleasing people is another flight from authentic self. If you are pleasing others, you are ignoring yourself.
- Overeating is not a problem when you are continually nourished by the universe. However, when you close yourself off to it, you believe you have to feed yourself. when you eat to feed a hunger that food cannot satisfy, your body becomes large than it needs to me.
Along with the brain/mind connection, the body has energy centers that many people call chakras. Energy enters from the crown of your head and from our other five senses (sight, smell, hearing, touch, taste). It will leave in two ways via love and trust or fear and doubt out of the energy centers. The choice is yours.
1. The crown of your head is where energy flows in.
2. The center of your forehead is often called the third eye because it allows you to see beyond your five senses with wisdom and clarity.
3. The throat center is used to express yourself fully, evenly, and clearly. When you energy is released with love and trust your voice is full and strong.
4. The heart/chest center is where your love and trust flows from making everyone your family.
5. The solar plexus which is what we normally call “our gut” and where we feel our “knowing” when we are at the right place at the right time or not.
6. The reproductive center is our center for creativity. Energy leaving in love and trust from here creates life. Energy leaving in fear and trust creates predators and bullies.
7, The trunk center is at the bottom of your torso and is your grounding center. It connects you with the earth, the universe, the rhythm of the seasons. and the seasons of your life. When you are aligned with this center, you are at home wherever you are.
Reference: Gary Zukav’s Heart of the Soul