Insights from Beware the Naked Man Who Offers You His Shirt:
- When dealing with office bullies, neutralize him or her quickly by breaking off contact the moment it starts.
- Volunteer, volunteer, volunteer – The lessons learned and improved networking skills will be invaluable to you. Don’t give until it hurts, give until it feels good.
- By showing up, you are a winner 80% of the time. Show up with a plan and do what you say you will do.
- If there are problems, do not lie about them. Talk about them. Make a commitment to resolve them, and then execute it.
- Never discuss your salary, your net worth, your medical records and your sex life.
- Your image consists of your appearance, your name, your voice, your body language and your behavior.
- Don’t confuse charisma with a loud voice. The bigger you are, the less you have to prove it.