Insights from Mother Teresa:
- Always begin your prayer in silence. It is in the silence of the heart that God speaks.
- Things are perfect the way they are; the problems are in the way I perceive them.
- Every day is a preparation for death. What the dying go through today, I will go through tomorrow.
- You must give what will cost you something. This becomes a sacrifice, and a sacrifice has value before God.
- What you are doing may be just a drop in the ocean, but the ocean would be less without that drop.
- Let Jesus use you without consulting you.
- The famous poem on the wall in the children’s home in Calcutta:
People are unreasonable, illogical and self-centered – Love them anyway.
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives – Do good anyway.
If you are successful, you win false friends and true enemies – Succeed anyway.
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow – Do good anyway.
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable – Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spent years building may be destroyed overnight – Build anyway.
People really need help but may attack you if you help them – Help them anyway.
Give the world the best you have and you’ll be kicked in the teeth – Give the world the best you’ve got anyway.