- There is no human being who will not eventually respond to love if only that person can realize that he or she is loved.
- Our lives are shaped by those who love us and by those who refused to love us.
- To be loved, you must be lovable. Seek not to receive love but to give love.
- God created us for bonding. We cannot, not bond. If we do not bond to loving relationships, we will bond to other things such as affairs, food, drugs, materialism, rescuing, success, etc. If you are not bonding to loving relationships, repair your adulthood by knowing your values, addressing adults as adults and not parents, and developing your talents.
- Love draws people in like a powerful magnet. A lack of love drives people away. You must intentionally act in loving ways. Love is more than a feeling. It is a behavior. Behind every smile is a hidden hurt that a simple expression of love may heal.
- You have to decide whether you want to impress people or influence them. You can impress people from a distance but you have to get up close to people to love and influence them. Proximity determines impact.
- Bring people into your life; don’t wait to be included in theirs.
- There are times that I have been tempted to protect my heart from further disappointment with cynicism. But that is like poisoning oneself to avoid being murdered.
- To truly love something is not to desire a thing, but to desire its happiness.
Josh Powell (1, 2, 3)
McCloud and Townsend (4)
Rick Warren (5, 6)
Richard Paul Evans (7, 9,