From Cherie Carter-Scott’s book, If love is a game, these are the rules:
- is honoring the other person’s truth and wanting the best for him or her.
- is knowing your boundaries and expecting others’ boundaries.
- is reaching out when you don’t want to; communicating instead of jumping to conclusions.
- is working things out instead of fighting and fighting instead of leaving.
- is focusing on what you appreciate and why you are grateful.
“An authentic relationship sparkles with brilliance and light while maintaining a solid and enduring core. It is the context in which true love was meant to exist.”