From Colgrove’s book, How to survive the loss of a love:
“I sat evaluating myself. I decided to lie down.”
Trust that nature will do the healing. Know that the pain will pass; and when it passes, you will be stronger, happier and more sensitive and aware.
3 stages of recovery:
- shock, denial, and numbness
- fear, anger, and depression
- understanding, acceptance and moving on
Each stage of recovery is necessary, natural, and a part of the healing process.
- Help me up my friend
- Dust me off
- Feed me warmth
- You are comfort
- Let me lean on you until I can stand alone
- I will then stand a little taller, and
- You will be proud to have a friend such as me.
“I am missing you far better than I loved you.’