From John Gray, Ph.D., Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus:
- A women’s tendency to be compulsive relaxes as she feel worthy of love. Knowing that she doesn’t have to earn love, she can relax and receive it.
- A man appears most uncaring when he is afraid.
- It is difficult for a man to listen to a woman when she is unhappy or disappointed because he feels like a failure.
- The biggest challenge for a woman is to correctly interpret and support a man when is isn’t talking.
- When men aren’t talking and are “in the cave”, women should let them be. They should do something that makes them happy. They shouldn’t sit by the “cave door.”
- Women must do things on their own so the men can miss them occasionally.
- Men argue for the right to be free. (Men want space.)
- Women argue for the right to be upset. (Women want understanding).
- As women’s financial needs are fulfilled, they become more aware of their emotional needs.
- The more a man loves a woman, the more he needs her approval.
- Men are like rubber bands – stretching away but then coming back.
- Women are like waves – rising, falling, then cycling again.
- Women have more corpus callosum in their brains than men. This allows them to access left brain/right brain quickly so they can shift gears quickly.
- Men shift gears by grumbling.
- Men see the world from a focused perspective (like an archer with his bow headed for center target).
- Women see the world from an expanded perspective (like a satellite dish receiving from and reflecting in all directions). This is why women are easily overwhelmed by the needs of others.
- Women blame themselves first.
- Men blame others first.
- Men need – trust, acceptance, appreciation, admiration, approval and encouragement.
- Women need – caring, understanding, respect, devotion, validation and reassurance.
For a list of Sheila’s books, check out http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B003HWM3PI