From John Gray, Ph.D.’s book, Woman and Men: Mars and Venus in Love:
A man needs to be encouraged by a woman.
- If a woman tries to improve/help a man (or correct, control, or criticize him) he feels unloved because he believes she doesn’t trust him to get it.
- Women must give trust, not advice.
- If a man does not feel loved just the way he is, he will repeat the behavior that is not being accepted.
Women should remember to
- Not ask too many questions when he is upset.
- ignore that he is upset unless he wants to talk about it.
- Give up trying to improve him in any way.
- Trust him to grow on his own.
- Not offer unsolicited advice.
- Practice patience (and trust that he will learn on his own).
- Practice forgiveness.
- Practice showing him he doesn’t have to be perfect to deserve your love.
For a list of Sheila’s books, check out http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B003HWM3PI