From John Gray, Ph.D.’s book, Woman and Men: Mars and Venus in Love:
Women still want to be protected.
- Now though, they look to men to provide an emotional climate in which they can safely explore and express their feelings.
- When a woman seeks a mate, his ability to protect her is a key job requirement. This is directly connected to her emotional well being.
Sometimes a woman does not understand her feelings until she freely talks about them.
- She is not making a conclusion. She is processing her feelings to discover what she feels to be true. She talks to “discover” the range of feelings within her self.
Women must remember to pause and prepare when talking to a man.
- Pause to see if its a good time.
- Prepare him by letting him know what you want from him during the conversation.
- Don’t say to him, “you don’t understand” because this shuts him down. Instead say, ;et me try saying that another way.”
For a list of Sheila’s books, check out http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B003HWM3PI