Nehemiah’s Tips on Crisis Management:
- Don’t ignore a crisis; face them head-on.
- Don’t deflect a crisis; deal with it.
- Don’t shift blame in a crisis; the issue is not who caused it but what can be done to turn the crisis around.
- Don’t overreact in a crisis; take time to ensure you respond wisely.
- Don’t respond by determining the extent of the crisis; get the facts. Listen without judgment until you have enough information to formulate a solution.
- Seek advice of others; there is a lot of wisdom out there, check it out.
Reference: Jim George. (2012). A Leader After God’s Own Heart. Eugene, Oregon: Harvest House Publishing, Inc.
For a list of Sheila’s books, check out http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B003HWM3PI