Remember a small amount of anxiety is normal.
Focus on what you can do next – do not try to do everything; just one next thing. Make the first step a small step – just begin.
If you hit roadblocks or feel uneasy, pay attention. You may be rushing the timing and the flow will be off.
Be very clear on your desired outcome.
Look ahead rather than back.
Shift your thinking by saying no to buts.
Keep an intuitive ideas journal – what are you proud of? what were you good at as a child? which of your abilities do people praise? what tasks come easily to you? what would be your eulogy?
Give yourself a performance review by answering these questions:
- What can you learn from this?
- What are you doing right?
- What outcome will make you feel successful?
- Where did this begin to go wrong?
- What do you wish you had done differently?
- What is your intuition telling you to do about this situation?
- What are you not listening to?
- What are the warning signs you are ignoring?
- What do you know you should do?
Reference: Lynn A Robinson. (2006), TRUST YOUR GUT: How the Power of Intuition can grow your Business. Chicago, IL: Kaplan Publishing
For a list of Sheila’s books, check out http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B003HWM3PI