Tao is translated into The Way. Tao chronicles the path of harmony.
- Chinese medicine places tranquility at the very core of the Way. She is poetic in her observations, viewing the body as a temple of miracles, where the tranquil heart is the bedchamber of Heaven and Earth and the home of the true self.
- I Ching views kindness as the heart of the matter. She’s fierce in her direction, lest we sink into the dark waters of heartlessness. She tutors us in weaving kindness into every thought, word, and action, a practice that circles around to sow all manner of blessings into our lives.
- Feng Shui gathers the wisdom of her sisters and brings it home. She encourages us to personally craft environmental sanctuaries that can hold our true selves in place. A great enthusiast of comfort, safety, and beauty, she’s always waiting for ways to give kindness and imagination shelter.
Your heart is where your home is. Simplicity, pleasure, and kindness are spiritual practices on the path of “being” not doing. Love is the way home. Your heart is your true home, and your desire to return to it serves you well. When you look through the eyes of your true self, you see your flesh and spirit as equals. Your body is Heaven’s feet, and your spirit is Earth’s wings. Through you, they express and embody The Way. Your heart, the sanctuary of Heaven and Earth, is the home of your true self. As you rekindle your heart the wonder and majesty of life returns. It begins with remembering how love really feels. Incrementally, each memory and moment helps you reclaim your true nature; and as you do your heart is restored. Meditation quotes for transformation:
- My heart is where my home is.
- I am a temple of miracles.
- My heart is the home of my true self.
- My body is Heaven’s feet and my spirit is Earth’s wings.
- I take pleasure in each step of our journey.
- I weave pleasure into my everyday life.
- I honor my body and spirit as equals.
- I embody the natural grace of being a human being.
- I am an ever-flowing font of creativity.
- I am life enjoying itself.
- I imagine my ever-evolving paradise into being.
References: The Three Sisters of the Tao: Essential Conversations with Chinese Medicine, I Ching, and Feng Shui by Terah Kathryn Collins, New York: Hay House 2010