Graduation speeches emphasize hard work, dedication, financial planning, relationship strategies, choosing the right career, listening to one’s elders, being respectful of the rules, setting realistic goals, living a healthy lifestyle, and being in a state of gratitude. This is all good advice, however, there is more. There are 10 secrets to guide you in your decision making.
Have a mind that is open to everything and attached to nothing.
- In today’s overpopulated world, we cannot live a close-minded existence. Don’t allow yourself to be pigeon-holed. Resist being a pessimist. You don’t know enough to be a pessimist. An open mind allows you to explore and create and grow.
- Refuse to have low expectations about what you are capable of creating or completing. Have within you an imaginary candle flame that burns brightly no matter what is going on in your life. If necessary, rewrite your agreement with reality. Choose healing and health. Choose prosperity and financial security. Choose happiness and joy.
- Open your mind to all possibilities, but release your attachments. Your attachments are the source of your problems. Some common attachments: ego, pride, winning at all costs, possessing another person, and possessions. If you identify with your body image your possessions, or your need to be right, you are driven by your ego. Remember you are a spiritual being. You can observe your body and your possessions via a compassionate witness to your existence.
- Peaceful thoughts lead to peaceful emotions leads to infinite patience leads to immediate results.
- In all relationships, love someone enough to let them be exactly who they are without any expectations or attachments from you and you’ll experience true peace.
Reference: 10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace by Dr. Wayne Dyer