Kahlil Gibran stated, “When you are born, your work is placed in your heart.”
- Your left brain thinks and thinks and thinks, it is your logical side. Your right brain represents your intuitive side. It’s the part of you that feels things, that’s sensitive to love, and that’s emotional about what’s important to you. Generally what you take care of depends on your circumstances. Your intellect (left side) figures out what you should be doing, but sometimes your feelings (right side) will supersede the logical thoughts. Your right brain will always lead you passionately to your purpose.
- Your right brain intuition is what is urging you toward your purpose or creating frustration for you if you are working off purpose. Your left brain will state: be careful, don’t take risks. Listening exclusively to your left brain will turn you into a pretender or a commuter through life causing the music within you to fade. But the whole time you are commuting through life, your right brain is tapping you on the shoulder saying, “Hey, hear the music!”
- Don’t betray your music, your purpose for being here. Let the world know why you are here, and do it with passion.
- What is your passion? What is your heroic mission? To discover this, ask yourself what inspires you? Inspires means “in spirit.” When you are living inspired (in spirit) you never have to ask about your purpose. You are living it.
- The only thing that can keep you from your purpose is fear. All the emotions come down to two: fear and love. Take what you fear (fear of disapproval of others, fear of the unknown, fear of failure, etc.) and add love instead. Love yourself. Love others. Love your planet. Love what you do. Remember the quote: “Fear knocked on the door. Love answered and no one was there.”
- When you love yourself, your self-respect grows. When you have healthy self-respect, someone’s disapproval is not something you fear or avoid. A stumble as you work toward a result is something you laugh at, not something you fear.
- The music that is in you was put in your heart at your birth. It is your intuitive connection to your purpose. Be enthusiastic about it. Enthusiasm comes from two words meaning the God within.
Reference: 10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace by Dr. Wayne Dyer