- Consistently taking 3 action steps will help you to build and maintain competency. You should (A) acknowledge what you don’t know, (B) be willing to learn and (3) ask for help when you need it.
- To build dependability, (A) determine if a commitment is being sought, (B) ask for clarifications, (C) evaluate if you can fulfill the request, and (D) be clear by (i) accepting the assignment, (ii) rejecting the assignment, (iii) counteroffer, and (iv) commit to respond later.
- When honest people speak, people listen and value their opinion. To increase your honesty, (A) avoid inaccuracies and omissions (never intentionally omit relevant facts), (B) be consistent in what you say (explain any changes in thinking), and (C) set realistic expectations and do what is necessary to make them a reality.
- Be intentional in what you say; different expectations equals failure. Do what you said you would do. Avoid saying one thing and doing another.
- Consideration is caring about the interest of others through identifying with others, listening to others, evaluating your words and actions.