When speaking in front of a group, do you
1. Speak loud enough to be heard from the back of the room?
2. Keep a low pitch of voice and vary it to reflect a question or change of mood?
3. Maintain a slow rate of speech?
4. Pause after complicated ideas or important notes?
5. Change your rate to emphasize a tone or feeling?
6. Articulate clearly?
7. Avoid using contractions?
8. Avoid using fillers?
9. Avoid crossing your arms?
10. Avoid slouching?1
1. Avoid rocking on your heels?
12. Keep your hands out of your pockets?
13. Make eye contact?
14. Smile naturally?
15. Walk purposefully from one point in the room to another?
16. Avoid standing behind a podium or table?
17. Use relevant gestures?
18. Avoid pointing your figure?
19. Avoid fidgeting with clothing, pens, hair, glasses, etc.