- Make the right choice to make a big difference.
- People push our buttons every day. Escape from the trap by recognizing them within yourself.
- Pursue hope even in the darkest moments
- Hopes are bright beacons that can guide you in dark nights.
- Turn merchants of fear into agents of hope
- Each of us is valued and valuable.
- Each of us is free to change.
- Life is abundant.
- Hopes, not fears or expectations, should guide us.
- We don’t have to do all the work.
- Cooperation, not competition. Works.
Be wise as a serpent but innocent as a dove.
- We involve all people who have a stake or knowledge about the topic.
- We expressly state our hopes for the organization and specific hopes for each major project or decision.
- We listen to each person’s thoughts and feelings about a topic to understand the real issue.
- All the options for a project or decision are laid out on a table.
- We focus are information gathering on how the options help us realize our hopes.
- When we review our choices, we listen to everyone’s negatives and positives on each option before deciding.
- Each person expresses his or her candid judgment on which choices would best advance the team’s hopes.
- We summarize the individual conclusions and identify the most desirable course of action as well as other acceptable choices.
- We monitor whether our decisions are working and modify them as needed.
- We celebrate the team’s progress and the fulfillment of our hopes.
Where can we improve?
Reference: HOW GREAT DECISIONS GET MADE: 10 EASY STEPS FOR REACHING AGREEMENT ON EVEN THE TOUGHEST ISSUES By Don Maruska