“It’s not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.” – Agnes Repplier
- There is an intuitive voice that speaks to you and wants you to nurture, to love, and to mother. You must give this voice permission to be there. You must honor this voice. Allow this voice to resonate within you. Allow yourself to hear it.
- Find your solitude place. Is it your bathtub? Where you take your walks? Your office? It is wherever you have solitude, whatever works for you and allows you to create an atmosphere where you will not be interrupted.
- Create an “I am” list. I am. I am strong. I am intelligent. I am wise. I am energetic. I am honest. I am a person with integrity. I am beautiful inside and out. What are you adjectives?
- Create a real woman collage. Take a piece of poster board and add to it pictures of women who represent what you think a positive real woman is. What themes to do you see?
- Make a list of your beliefs, values, preferences, and desires. Decide if you want to list them by categories…education, politics, religion, relationships, friends, movies, books, jewelry, fashion, cars, architecture, furniture, gemstones, weather, seasons, listening music, leisure-time activity, kick-up-your-heels fun, exercise, television show, food, restaurant, shopping, vacations, sports to play, color, fabrics, flowers, conversation, favorite age group, etc.
Why are these exercises important? Because you may have to answer the calling of your heart before you can answer the calling of your tribe. So….what are your answers to these questions:
- What do I value most?
- What makes me happy?
- What gives me the deepest sense of fulfillment?
- What are my passions and talents?
CITE: Will I Ever Be Good Enough by Karyn McBride, Ph.D.