There are 7 elements in every organization
- LEADERSHIP – The organization’s capacity to provide leadership on all three dimensions – organizational, operational and people.
- PURPOSE AND VALUES – The sense of clarity in the organization’s purpose and values.
- VALUES – The organization’s capacity to not only set directions but think strategically.
- SYSTEMS AND STRUCTURES – The organization’s ability to align the systems and structures to support and further the purpose, values, and vision.
- PEOPLE SELECTION, DEVELOPMENT, AND SUCCESSION – The organization’s ability to align its selection, development, and succession processes to the organization’s purpose, value, and vision.
- EXECUTION – The structure and process in place to make sure that the organization’s purpose, values, and vision are translated into goals it can work.
- CULTURE – The personality of the organization and its impact, positive or negative, on the accomplishment of the organization’s goals.
CITE: GREAT LEADERSHIP: What it is and what it takes in a complex world by Antony Bell