- Tired of picking lint off your mirrors and glass table tops that your cleaning cloths leave behind? Just add a little laundry fabric softener to warm water; problem solved.
- Never clean plastic furniture with alcohol- or ammonia-based cleaners. It can turn the plastic cloudy.
- A few drops of liquid soap into slats will stop a squeaking bed.
- If you have a beautiful wood dining room table; buff it regularly with a quality buffer such as you would use on shoes. It will buff it to a high luster.
- If your furniture is in a sunny room, rotate it regularly so it will fade evenly.
- To remove water stains from good furniture, sprinkle a lot of cornstarch over the stain, let it stay for several hours, remove. Repeat as necessary.
- Chrome furniture can be shined using aluminum foil with the shiny side out. As you rub the chrome furniture, the chrome should turn shiny while the foil turns black.
- Wicker should be cleaned with warm salt water. Wash it indoors away from the sun. Let it dry in the sun so anything loose will tighten.
CITE: Feinman, Fast Thrifty Ways to Clean Everything In Your Home