I Chronicles 4:10. It reads,
“Oh that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your Hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil that I may not cause pain. And God granted him what he requested.”
Implementing the Prayer of Jabez – For 30 days, say the prayer. Ask daily. Thank God for His blessing. Enjoy God’s blessings. Share the blessings with others.
If you’ve prayed the Prayer with a humble and focused heart, and you’ve asked other what you can do for them and did what was asked whenever possible, and you’ve stood strong waiting for the change that will occur, but it is slow in coming, perform a sin check:
- Watch for sin just before and just after a significant effort in God’s service.
- Watch for temptations; there are three kinds:
- Temptation of the flesh also known as your own desire to sin
- Temptation of the world; remember to consider eternity, not the world’s short term
- Temptation of Satan; submit to God so you can resist the devil.
- Every sin has a consequence. Some consequences are natural results of our actions, while others are when God steps in to discipline. Types of temptation and how to overcome it:
- Pride can be overcome by staying humble by remembering it is God not you that is providing the blessings
- Power can be overcome by watching how you treat people around you
- Possessions should be kept under control; remember that money is a tool for use not any other use
- Pleasure such as lust and other body sins.
Jabez Spiritual Defense Plan
- Anticipate temptation; you will be tempted, keep your eyes open.
- Get rid of one sin that repeatedly defeats you; by God’s Grace and your choice, you can and will be set free.
- Ask God to keep you away from temptation even when you are in the middle of it.
- Be continually filled with the Spirit’s power.
- Stand in the power of God’s might; His might plus your willingness to stand and obey will equal victory every time.
Cite: The Prayer of Jabez by Bruce Wilkinson