Recently some friends were kind enough to hold a panel discussion at my workplace (via electronic means) for women leaders in our agency. I removed all the agency specifics, but I thought you may enjoy these bits and pieces:
- Be your own advocate.
- Be proactive whenever you can.
- Decisions have to make sense for all.
- Don’t let the culture change you, you change your culture.
- Focus on self-issues first so you have the energy to assist others.
- Supervisors are held to a higher level, act like it.
- Rely on your support systems and relationships.
- Identify who or what is causing the frustration.
- Why is this important to you?
- Take advantage of any work professional development dollars available.
Each one of these snippets can be great conversation starters. Do any of them speak to you?