- Ever question if your necktie is too short or too long? If you question it, the answer is yes. The tie should be at the top of your belt if wearing a suit pant.
- If you want to lower your blood pressure, listen to classical music. Studies show those who listen to classical music dropped their blood pressure significantly.
- An Americano is an espresso with hot water added. It contains more copper than brewed coffee, which helps to burn fat, and it is higher in disease-fighting antioxidants.
- Eating up to 8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day has the same impact on the happiness scale as going from unemployed to employed.
- If you clean your desk, you improve your brain health. Those who work in dirty and noisy places are more likely to have long-term cognitive decline than those who work in clean and quiet ones.
- The typical American weighs around 2000 pounds in clothing and household goods including furniture. In a recent study, people who reduced their house weight also reduced their body weight by 10 pounds.
- If you have a hard time falling asleep, but once you do, you sleep fine, you may need a little more fiber, protein, and calcium. (Sheila’s hint: A nutritionist once told me when I was going through this after a medical change to my body to take a tablespoon of peanut butter before bed. It always worked.)
Cite: July AARP Magazine